Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Product Review: Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin

I received the following product as a result of being a BzzAgent.  They send me products and I get to talk about them!!  No other compensation was given or offered, and all opinions are my own!
 
I have to say that this is my favorite Bzzagent campaign to date. I have been shopping around for both a cleanser and a moisturizer for quite some time, and to be honest, when I think “Burt’s Bees” my mind immediately jumps to chapstick mostly, so checking out their moisturizer would never have even cross my mind. Burt’s Bees sent a beautiful and elaborate set up (pictured) including Facial Cleanser, Moisturizer, free samples to pass out, coupons and a pamphlet of information.

It has only been a couple days since my package of Burt's Bees Natural Facial Cleanser and Moisturizer arrived, but so far so good. First of all, the facial cleanser does not dry my face out at all. Even when I failed to put on the moisturizer, I didn’t have that dry “just washed my face” feel. When washing, the cleanser does not really suds up like most facial cleanser do, which can be a little disconcerting at first, but really it isn’t an issue. I have had other cleansers for sensitive skin that also do not suds up much. Burt’s Bees is, by far, my favorite cleanser thus far – I like how smooth and gentle it feels on my skin, and best of all I love the way it smells. It’s a very light cotton-y smell about it. The moisturizer, likewise, feels just as smooth and gentle as the facial cleanser while applying. It does not leave my skin feeling wet or greasy – not even after a full day of work (and a yoga class). The moisturizer also has a very pleasant scent.

Finally, there is just something about knowing that you are using an all natural product that makes you feel like you’re doing something right. I glanced at the ingredients for the facial wash, and while I may not have known exactly what the products were, or how they were obtained, they were at least recognizable. I feel like Burt’s Bees goes out of their way to make sure you know exactly what is in your products, even offering a little further explanation when maybe an ingredient might sound unfamiliar. They use recycled material in their packaging and never use animal testing. You can check out their “Commitment to Natural Products” here.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I love Burts Bees! I know it sound odd, but I use a tiny bit of olive oil to wash and moisturize my face.

    ReplyDelete